Like you, we don't like people running off with our personal details so we promise not to sell, lease or otherwise transfer your information to anyone else, except where you've expressly asked us to (by entering a competition we're running jointly with another company for example).
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information that we collect and which is voluntarily given by you via the Website or by email, including any personal details you type and submit for example your name, email address, postal address, date of birth and telephone number (and including any other information provided at the time of joining our mailing list, entering competitions or prize draws, and purchasing goods).
- Details of goods purchased whilst using the Website and fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or call.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, click-stream data, HTTP protocol elements, search terms, HTTP cookies, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- The information we collect via the Website may also include your IP address: this is the individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet.
- 3.1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device, including mobile or handheld device (such as a smart phone or tablet), as you browse the Website.
We only collect information we feel is essential for you to use the Website efficiently and to improve services for you, for example:
- for technical purposes essential to the effective operation of the Website;
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- measuring how many people are using the Website, to ensure there is enough capacity for the Website to operate at a reasonable speed;
- completion and support of the current activity being undertaken by the user, for example previously viewed pages or products;
- monitoring the success of campaigns and competitions;
- website and system administration, for example, tracking the number of website users for marketing purposes;
- remembering pages viewed;
- monitoring your journey around the Website which helps us improve navigation and ease of access to popular pages; and
- remembering items you have saved to your bag on a previous visit to the Website, including where the browser has been closed and a new session has begun.
- 3.2 Types of cookies used
The Website uses the following types of cookie:
- Session cookie – this type of cookie allows websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session so that the website is able to store certain information whilst the user is browsing the website.
- Persistent cookie- this type of cookie is stored on a users' device in between browser sessions and allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
- Third party cookies – these are cookies that are not set by Johnstons of Elgin but are instead set by a third party.
Cookie Purpose Expires cookiealert Checks whether cookie message has been displayed to customer. 1 year popup-shown Checks whether welcome message has been displayed to customer. 1 year selected_store Saves customers selected store. 50 years external_no_cache Disables external cache. 1 hour nocache Disables external cache. 1 hour frontend Used for customer sessions. 2 hours frontend_cid Used for customer sessions. 2 hours cookielaw Acknowledges cookie message has been shown. 1 year
Third Party Cookies
Cookie Domain Purpose Expires ASP.NET_SessionId webservices.sub2tech.com Sub2 Abandonment cookie session V9v1 webservices.sub2tech.com Sub2 Abandonment cookie 16 days _ga .johnstonscashmere.com Google analytics cookie. 2 years _gat .johnstonscashmere.com Google analytics cookie. 2 years DSID .doubleclick.net DoubleClick targeting cookie. 2 years IDE .doubleclick.net DoubleClick targeting cookie. 2 years _drt_ .doubleclick.net DoubleClick targeting cookie. 2 years id .doubleclick.net DoubleClick targeting cookie. 2 years ATN .atdmt.com Atlas tracking cookie. 18 months
- 3.3 Browser Settings You may choose to try and block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
- to administer the Website and to help you use the Website;
- to ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our goods and / or services;
- to process your payments;
- to keep records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made in respect of those transactions, and to make financial or management forecasts to assist us in conducting our business activities;
- to allow us to contact you in relation to campaigns and promotions and to monitor the success of such campaigns and promotions where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow us to contact you in relation to competitions, to process your entry to our competitions and to fulfil our obligation under the competition terms and conditions;
- for the purpose of advertising or marketing our business, our goods and promoting our public relations in connection with our business; and
- to carry out analysis of sales processed through the Website and specific products which have been frequently viewed on the Website for marketing and business development purposes.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.